As the incidence of coronavirus COVID-19 continues to rise both globally and locally, we thought we’d pause and share how Island Athletic Club is handling this situation and the precautions we are taking.
General Guidelines for all members, guests and employees to protect themselves:
- Wash your hands often with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and hot water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Stay home if you consider yourself to be at high risk.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Guidelines we will be following at Island Athletic Club:
- We will continue our nightly cleaning procedures. Locker room hard surfaces and showers are sprayed with a diluted chlorine solution, in addition to vacuuming and mopping throughout the building.
- We will be following the general guidelines as outlined above.
- Staff will stay away from the Club if they have symptoms of illness or fever or have been in close contact with someone with these symptoms.
- We ask that you also stay away from the Club if you have symptoms of illness or fever or are caring for others who have these symptoms.
- We have plenty of soap and hot water for hand washing. Hand sanitizer is in the Club available for members and staff.
- Extra attention will be taken to sanitize more often all common surfaces at the Club.
- For your protection and the protection of others, we recommend you continue being vigilant with your cleaning of the exercise equipment you use. The increased level of cleaning activity (before and after equipment use) has been noticed and is appreciated by all.
Finally, Island Athletic Club’s schedule of classes and programs remains intact and we are open with our regular business hours. We are concerned for the safety and well-being of all our members and staff. As a small business, we realize staff compliance with these guidelines could leave us short-staffed at times and we may have to cancel classes last minute. We appreciate your continued cooperation following these guidelines and are grateful for your patience as we navigate through this situation together. We look forward to seeing you in the Club.